Google
 
Web www.bellecozyzone.blogspot.com

Thursday 12 February 2009

In memoriam: Ancillo Dominic

Today i just read a very sad yet inspiring story of a mom, telling about her unborn baby that has been verdict by doctor as Anencephaly. This is a very rare case neural tube defect that occurs when the cephalic / head end of the neural tube fails to close, usually between the 23rd and 26th day of pregnancy*) and normally both parents and doctor simply decide to get rid of the fetus, because soon or later the annecephalic babies cannot survive. If its not stillborn, then the baby will usually die moments after birth.


However, what made me surprise and impress... the doctor whose found out about this case through USG (on week 17th) encourage the parents, especially mom, to keep the baby. He refuse to do abortion and let the baby alive until 'it's time for him (it's a boy) to go' He believe that God has His own time. And also doctor said that if the parents willing to keep the baby (means continue the pregnancy) the baby will thank them later and wait for them in heaven. Both mom and dad to be cry but finally they decide to keep the baby. I know it was never be an easy decision for them to made, as i remember when i was still pregnant... every month we go to doctor for check up or USG, both of us feel anxious but worry. We need to make sure that the baby OK, normal and complete but on the other hand we also afraid... what if the baby not OK? what if something bad happen? I don't think (If put in the same situation with Yenny back then) I have the courage to make that brave decision.They named the baby "Ancillo Dominic" and the mom (Yenny) continue to love this infant as much as before, give him nutricion, talk to him and still hope and pray for miracle to happen. When they hear about a preach that can bring death to alive, they almost come to the man but then they didn't go, as the husband said "Only Jesus can bring death to alive, So to Him we must bring ourself closer." The pregnancy went well, the baby seems very happy inside (He gain weight and other than his cephalic abnormality, everything were completely perfect). Ancillo was born naturally on his mom's 41st of pregnancy in a very long process of labor. He was born in upside down position and just when doctor pull his out, baby already gone. :(

To read the complete story, click this link below:

http://ekklesiachurch.wordpress.com/kesaksian/in-memoriam-ancillo-dominic/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hii.. sorry.. I won't comment your posting.. but I just want to ask you.. Are you Regina IESP Undip'94? I'm Rudy (Wiwid's husband).. How are you?

Regina Nainggolan said...

Yupe Rudy, that's me. How r u? u n' wiwid now have 2 kids, right? Last time we (me n' Ririn n'Ayu) contact Wiwid was on 2004 and i haven't got married but too bad that time Wiwid couldn't meet us eventhough we went to Bogor. Send my best regard to your fam ok?

Unknown said...

we're fine.. now we've 2 children.. my son is 8 year old and my daughter will be 1 year old on april.. i'm sorry that wiwid couldn't meet you bacause she accompanied me to meet my boss.. you live in Batam? now I live in Amsterdam to continue my study.. and Wiwid still lives in Bogor with our children.. here my email : roedya2003@gmail.com ... if you have any information about our friend.. please send me email... thanks..

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP